So I know it has been awhile ... I thought I would hop online and give a quick update. Mostly Dave and I have just been working (which is really exciting and part of why I have not posted). We had a fun Father's Day weekend though. We had the chance to go up to Seattle and see his Dad, Grandpa (aka Big Daddy), and the rest of the family. We didn't do anything terribly exciting but it was really nice to just visit with everyone and relax. We did take family pictures one afternoon ... that is always an interesting experience, especially when you are trying to get eleven people in one picture. It didn't help that we got a photographer that was not the sharpest tool in the shed. In one picture someone's head was missing ... another had really bad shadows ... blinking ... I really love family pictures. I don't know why we don't do them more often. lol! Dave's Dad lives on twelve acres, so we had a picnic out back and a fire on a couple of the nights ... enjoyed some s'mores. We were also able to meet up with some of Dave's friends from high school and have a barbecue. So that made three nights in a row that we sat around a fire. The weather was really nice up there, so apparently everyone felt the need to take advantage. It was lots of fun but we came home with two suitcases full of clothes that smelled like smoke. Laundry was at the top of the list of things to do when we got home. Overall it was a great trip and nice to honor the father's in our lives. We are so grateful for their continual love and support. I know it's a week late, but I will say it again ... THANKS to all our DADS!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
aww i love reading about you guys...it makes me miss you soo much! i totally know about the whole bonfire smell...when ever we have bonfires i get sad when i just washed my hair cause then i have to wash again when i get home! lol...oh and i try to wear clothes i dont wear regularly...cause then i have to do laundry right away lol...
anyways...this is also a happy late birthday! haha i almost texted you on may 30th again...and right as i was going to i remembered...no june 30th! lol then june 30th came and i forgot! haha
anyways i love you and hope we get to see you guys again soon!
Post a Comment